What makes Las Vegas a great destination for meetings, conferences and events?
Not only is Las Vegas one of the great ‘must sees’ on most people’s lists, but it has everything required to make it a perfect event destination for groups – excellent accommodation and conference facilities, a wide variety of attractions and activities, spectacular buildings, amazing landscapes and pretty good weather too. No wonder it attracts over 42 million visitors per annum, with almost 6 million of those as convention delegates (lvcva.com).
Access is good with daily flights from the UK and Europe and regular links to other major US cities. Once there, distances are best covered by taxi, shuttle bus or the Las Vegas monorail, which has seven stations linking major hotels along the length of the strip.
Venues and Accommodation
Las Vegas has accommodation to suit all tastes and budgets from the weird and wonderful to the serene and sedate. Air conditioning is standard as temperatures remain pleasant in the winter but can reach 40 degrees in mid summer. Most of the large hotels are spectacularly themed and have their own conference facilities.
The Venetian frontage is a replica of the Doge’s Palace; nearby stand their very own Rialto Bridge and Campanelli Tower with the Piazza San Marco and Grand Canal, complete with gondolas, found inside. A variety of tastefully decorated ballrooms and meeting rooms are ideal for both intimate and large events of up to 4,500 theatre style.
Paris has almost 3000 guestrooms, a half scale Eiffel Tower and three flexible ballrooms, which can accommodate up to 8,520 people. French décor and a foyer modelled on the Versailles Hall of Mirrors add to the effect.
Mandalay Bay has some of the largest meeting facilities on the Strip, catering for up to 12,000 in its arena. An 11 acre sandy beach and wave pool provides an ideal location for a social event and the Shark Reef Aquarium can act as a venue for up to 1,500 guests.
Social Programmes and Activities
Most of the large hotels are incredibly impressive and are attractions in their own right, having plenty to keep delegates entertained without the requirement for a full social programme. Apart from the ever-present casinos, there are a variety of amusements including:
- Gondola rides in an authentic Venetian gondola at The Venetian
- The Eiffel Tower Experience at Paris, which involves a high speed ride in a glass elevator to the top of the Eiffel Tower, for spectacular 360 degree views of Las Vegas and the mountains beyond.
- Fountains of Bellagio, a choreographed show of water, music and light which shows regularly throughout the daytime and evening and can be seen from a variety of vantage points outside the hotel.
- The Big Apple Roller Coaster at New York New York, which attracts more than 1.4 million riders each year.
Las Vegas shows are world-renowned and provide ideal evening entertainment for delegates. Examples include Cirque du Soleil, Blue Man Group, David Copperfield and numerous big name stars.
Away from the city itself, group activities that can be arranged include:
- Helicopter rides from Las Vegas airport over the breathtaking expanse of the Grand Canyon, Lake Mead and the magnificent Hoover Dam.
- Dinner Cruise on Lake Mead with views of the Hoover Dam
From the many fine dining establishments such as Le Cirque and Picasso at Bellagio to the themed hotel restaurants such as The Brasserie and Creperie in Paris all tastes are catered for with regard to dining in Las Vegas, with dinner shows such as those at Bally’s hotel being popular.
For an event destination with the all round ‘wow’ factor, this city is hard to beat.
For a tailored Las Vegas event please contact Bien Venue on +44(0)1625 877776 or email us at email@example.com